This new and sudden allergy reality fascinates me to this day. How could a medicine that had always HEALED me become a medicine that would KILL me?
I don't know about the cause. I just know about the effect. Penicillin worked in the past.
That was then. This was now.
It got me thinking about my actions as a Christian. I want to be used as an instrument of peace and healing in God's hands. I truly do. I always have.
But sometimes, I have been bull headed about just forging ahead with the medicine I had always used... not being willing to let God tell me that He wanted me to use a different and new approach for this particular person at this time.
To offer a new prescription that would heal someone rather harm.
What's the purpose of medicine if it doesn't heal the patient?
So I'd just ram some Bible verses in to someone's brain...because I'd seen other people do that.. because that's what I thought they needed..because Scripture is what God often used to heal me... when in truth, the medicine that would have truly healed some people would have been for me to be quiet and let them speak about their pain. An honest hug would have healed more than a holy homily.
I'm NOT advocating we should change the message. HEAVEN FORBID.
I'm just saying we should change the medicine to meet the patient's need.
Millions of people are healed every day by taking penicillin. But not me.
If you are someone who wonders WHY you just cannot get with the program, get up and get healed and get going, maybe you aren't getting the right medicine.
- I pray for you that the Holy Spirit will send someone in to your life who is willing to be LIFE to you and not mere words.
- I pray that God Himself will speak to your heart to remind you that if you have put your trust in His Only Son, Jesus.. that YOU HAVE BECOME the VERY RIGHTEOUSNESS of Christ.
- I pray that you will believe that God is CLOSE to the BROKENHEARTED and to those who are crushed in spirit.
- I pray you will search the Scripture for yourself - AND - that God will use to reveal His heart to you.
- I pray that you will understand that it isn't by chance that you are reading this, but that God has ordained it so that you will know that He sees you. He sees you. He sees you. And He is going to heal you. He is going to send the prescription you need to be healed.
BE HEALING to someone who needs JESUS.
Jesus is the only way to be healed.
It takes time.
It takes prayer.
It takes love.
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.
1 Corinthians 4:20