Monday, January 26, 2015

JUST CLAY...

An Unretouched Photo of Me
I am not going crazy to publicize this blog.  The only readers who will even know it exists are those of you who have been directed here from a link on my webpage.  And most of you have been directed to my webpage through my monthly magazine column.  So...Welcome.  It will be our little secret meeting place.  I hope to get to know you better.  I welcome your emails CLICK TO SEND ME AN EMAIL  or  you may leave your comments right here. I have enabled it so that you can leave "anonymous" comments... so... go for it.

(And of course, to those of you who regularly "check me out" because we have been friends in the past..... and now...sadly... because of geographical and/or emotional distance...we are not.... WELCOME TO YOU also.)

There isn't much I can say about myself here that I haven't already written on my webpage.

So I will just say this.  I wish I had understood earlier in life that all I am called to be is what I am - just clay.  A simple lump of clay. 


Because the system God has set up is that when people around us - who see us in our every day mortal lives -  see and feel and acknowledge that something we have done, something we have said, something about the way we live is so way above our natural abilities.. so way above the pay grade of mere clay.....THEN... and ONLY THEN...do people lift their eyes to their Creator and acknowledge that He is a God close by and not far away.  
 
Being clay means being human. 


I am just clay and at the same time -  I am the royal priesthood.
I am weak but He is strong.
When I seem strong.. it is simply Jesus being seen.

If you are someone who thinks followers of Jesus think we are better than... or above.. others.. then you have probably never met a true follower of Jesus. 

"We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 

 2 Corinthians 4:7

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan. I have been reading your stuff in HomeLife and then on to More Living and now in Mature Living. I have asked you before, "When are you going to write a book?" You have never answered me. I have signed up to receive this by email. Thank you sweet woman.

Marie Armenia said...

Dear Anonymous,
Thank you for being a BIG FAN. I am flattered to have fans..... if that means you enjoy reading my stuff.
OK.. the Book. Well, o.k. I'll tell you that I am completing a book about my mother, Molly. It's working title is "How To Make A Meatball" and you should be able to order it by this summer. I am hoping to have it out at the same time the Kendrick Brothers FIFTH FILM is released in August/September 2015.
She met Stephen Kendrick through a mutual friend, became his prayer warrior woman of God, and he used her Bible in the movie. An older prayer warrior in the movie uses her Bible.. and Stephen spent some time interviewing my mom.. so.. be looking for that. PLUS I have one other book that should be out in 2015. Thanks for asking. NOW I answered you. P.S. Send me an email so I know who you are???? Thanks

Cindy, Grand Rapid said...

I am delighted that you have decided to give us more of your unique blend of humor and holiness in typewritten form. You always encourage and challenge me at the same time. How do you do that?