Saturday, February 13, 2016

HOLDING HANDS WITH GOD

"For I hold you by your right hand - I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, "Don't be afraid, I am here to help you." 
Isaiah 41:13

Israel was about to be invaded by an army that had invaded and destroyed many nations.  And they were afraid.  Who can blame them? And the Lord told Isaiah, "Comfort, comfort my people." (Isaiah 40:1)

And he wrote the words of comfort.  Now, I'm no Isaiah, but I know that some of you reading this feel like an army is coming against you.  Nothing is working out. Everything is going wrong.  And you are afraid. And you wonder if God is there.

And all I can say is that God is holding your hand.  How do I know that? Because He says He is. And He does not lie.

And there seems to be a system that God has set in to place that has not changed.  It has not changed through centuries and centuries. That system?

When His people cry out to Him in desperation.. He delivers them.


WHEN THEY TURN TO HIM... WHEN THEY UNDERSTAND THAT ONLY HE HAS THE POWER TO DELIVER THEM.. 

HE DELIVERS.

I watched my two Godly parents live their lives.  It wasn't about church to them. It wasn't about going to church, working at church, being at church. It was about being in God's presence... about prayer.. about calling out to Him in time of need. It was about serving a LIVING GOD.  Too many of us are disappointed in God because we are disappointed in the people who name His Name.  Who told us to do that? Who told us to expect that people would not disappoint?  Focus on the faithfulness of God.

I want to encourage someone reading this.  As I have had to encourage myself so many times.  God does not lie. 

"God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5)

I don't know what you're going through.  But God does.

And He says to you today, "I AM HERE TO HELP YOU!"

You may have stopped holding hands with God.

But.. He has never stopped holding hands with you.
He never lets go.
Even when we do.


 



No comments: