Friday, November 30, 2018

SUNGLASSES

I haven't had to wear my sunglasses in quite a few days.  Thing is, the weather here in Tennessee has been rainy, or overcast for a million months... give or take a couple of million.   I love wearing my sunglasses... 

But it's not the sunglasses I love - it's the sun that is flooding my face with its  warm light that I love.  

I prefer sunny days. Blue skies, with puffy clouds.  Fresh breezes under a warm sun. Don't you? Who doesn't?

Today it rained again.  The forecast for tomorrow is more rain. I don't have to be a genius to figure out that I won't be using my sunglasses anytime soon.

I guess I should throw my sunglasses away. Right?

I don't know anyone who decides to throw away their sunglasses just because they face a couple of rainy days? Do you?

We all have know that the day will come when the sun will shine. Brightly and in our eyes. 
As we drive. And walk.
It will shine for days and days on end.

We will wear our sunglasses again. We know this even on rainy days.

AND...I don't throw away my faith when I have a couple of days of rainy weather.   

I have faith in the One who made the sun.


"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.”
Jeremiah 31:25



No comments: