Monday, February 1, 2016

GOD WANTS TO TALK TO YOU

Does that title scare you? "God wants to talk to you." Does that create fear? Or hope? 

One of the conundrums of The Call is that it is something God has decided and ordained. We don't like it when Someone else decides something. We were not involved in The Holy Decision to save our souls.  Without discussing it with us, He sent Light in to the world.  Who asked for Light?  Did you ask for it? I know I didn't.  Did you know you were walking in Darkness? No, neither did I. 

We are perfectly content in our sin-induced darkness, not aware that we can live lives of Light.  Our unaware-ness of Light.. and Love... and Holiness... and LIFE... did not change the desperateness of our desperate state.  We couldn't see things from Heaven's vantage point.  We still cannot.  Rarely do we get a glimpse of life as it is.  We just live each day in a life as we hope it should be.  It is not that way.  We are in desperate trouble as we live our busy lives of going to work and coming home. And going to church and coming home. That's the tragedy of people who live in Darkness.  We just don't see.  We never see what we SHOULD see. We see what we want to see.  But we are living in darkness.  So we convince ourselves we are not.  We are NOT living in darkness.  But.  We.  Are.

Light is an irritant to someone living in Darkness.  


We never stop to think as we resist the Holy Spirit of the One True God, who is always calling, always reaching, always wanting to RESTORE US.. as we find excuses to reject Him and justify our reasons why Jesus is just NOT the Center of All That Is....

 that what we are truly saying is, 

"Leave me alone, LOVE!  Stop bothering me, LIGHT   Go away LIFE! I prefer Death."  


Who would say such a thing? Most people.

We whisper whispers that we think God cannot hear.  "Who asked You to save us? Why don't You just leave us alone? Let me live my life in darkness."


He cannot allow that. He loves you.

He is calling you.  It's not by chance you are reading this blog... (to borrow a favorite phrase of my mother Molly).

He knows how churches hurt people because they are more focused on building numbers than building people.  He is not churches.  He is God

He knows that His children often fail one another.  He is not a person. He is God.

He knows that life is often cruel.  He is not cruel.  He is God.

He is love.
He is power.
He is God.
He is real.
HE IS WHO YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR.



I don't know who I am writing this for, but I think it could be you.
I don't have thousands of people signed up to read this blog. 
But.. one thing I know for sure:


GOD WANTS TO TALK TO YOU

If that sentence fills you with fear...don't hide. He doesn't want to yell at you. He wants to say, "I love you.  I love you. Come home to Me. I want to give you Life."

I pray that the power of the Holy Spirit of the One and HOLY God will overwhelm you with His merciful love.  

I pray that He takes these typewritten words and transforms them in to POWER.

I have been disappointed in people.. but never in God.
I have been rejected by people.. but never by God.
I have disappointed people.. but God is never disappointed in me.
I
know
one 
thing.
You can trust God.
You can trust that Jesus is your High Priest RIGHT NOW.. interceding for you.

Father, let these words become LIGHT to someone today. 


"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

Ephesians 3:14-10

AMEN.

1 comment:

Hollis said...

So beautiful. Thank you, Marie!