Friday, January 1, 2021

YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME

 

That little kid can't speak yet, but you can read his mind, "I AM NOT LISTENING TO YOU!" and "YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME" It's sorta cute - that tough and independent spirit.  Although he IS cute -  He has that attitude because he is very uninformed.  I might say he is ignorant.

He looks at this woman (or man)  who is nice enough to give him food and change his diapers and hug and comfort him if he gets a boo-boo.  He likes that part..  
But when she starts bossing him around - telling him to stop biting someone, or insisting he eat his food, and when she does annoying things like forbidding him to chew on the electrical wire connected to a lamp -she has crossed the line.  At least to him she has.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT HE IS CONVINCED OF HIS NEED OF NO ONE.    He is dead wrong.  In reality, SHE IS THE BOSS OF HIM. He refuses to accept her position in his life or the guidelines she requires.

The Bible describes it as the spirit of lawlessness.

It will be more and more the way society is the closer we get to the end of the age.  We are close.

Lawlessness doesn't mean only breaking the law. 
 
Lawlessness is an attitude which says, "How dare think you have the right to give me laws to follow?  I don't like rules."


Are you like the baby in the picture? 
Do you clench your fist at God with an attitude that says, "YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF ME BUT Y0U CANNOT BOSS ME AROUND!" 
Don't give me rules.

Give me love, give me blessing, but don't you dare expect me to find out what pleases You.   I will do what pleases me, not You
I will do what I want to do when I want to do it.

I will not love others.  I will not forgive.  I will not give up my sexual immorality. I will not stop getting drunk.  I will not lay down my bitter spirit.  I will not stop stealing,  and lying.  I will not do it."

YOU CAN TELL GOD HE IS NOT THE BOSS OF YOU A MILLION TIMES A DAY - BUT HE IS.
YOU MAKE DECIDE HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU ACKNOWLEDGING THAT HE IS - BUT HE DOES.

It just makes you look as silly as that baby in the picture.


In the end, the only one you're kidding is you.

"Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord' but don't do the things I say?" Luke 6:47



No comments: