Monday, July 25, 2016

IF I WERE A BIRD

Feed The Birds: 


If God has a daily "To-Do List" feeding the birds of the earth is on it, according to Jesus.  He said:

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"  (Matthew 6:26)

If I were a bird, somehow every day, I would find food to eat.   How do I know that? The Bible says so. 

If I were a bird, I would not be earning what He gives me every day.  His compassion would make sure I am fed, not because I sowed and reaped the food I ate.

If I were a bird, I wouldn't spend every moment worried about whether or not God was going to be faithful and feed me tomorrow.

If I were a bird, I wouldn't hoard everything in fear of the future thinking my hoarding would feed me instead of God Himself.

If I were a bird, I would fly above the earth and see the bigger picture of it all.

If I were a bird, I might wonder why the humans worry so much about stuff they cannot control.  

If I were a bird, I might wonder why the humans think they are taking care of themselves and not being taken care of by God.


Alas... I am not a bird. 
(Did I really have to mention that? I don't think so.. because.. really... how many birds do you know who can type, have a computer and their own blogs?)

Don't miss the point Jesus was making.
Don't miss the lesson He was giving about the way to keep from worrying. 

IN ORDER TO KEEP FROM WORRYING ABOUT THEIR NEEDS BEING MET... 

He REMINDED them of THEIR VALUE TO GOD
 In this portion of Scripture, Jesus wasn't scolding them for their lack of faith in God's faithfulness, but reminding them of their HOLY IMPORTANCE to God.
He was saying, "IF GOD cares about the least important thing on earth to humans - the birds - then imagine how He cares about the MOST important thing on earth - PEOPLE.  Never forget your value to the Heavenly Father.  Remember who you are to God." 


So then.. when we worry... it's because we have forgotten our value.
When we worry... we forget HOW MUCH GOD LOVES US.

When we worry... we are devaluing ourselves and acting as if God does not care about taking care of us.
When we worry... it's because we forget WHO WE REALLY ARE.
When we worry... it's because we forget WHO GOD REALLY IS.
The key to rest... the foundation of a worry-free existence is to VALUE OURSELVES the way GOD does.

When I remind myself that:

I am God's precious child. 

He gave the life of His Only Son so that I would not be separated FROM HIM forever.

I am seated with Him in heavenly places.... higher than any bird can fly.

When I remember MY VALUE TO GOD.. then...I can relax.  God's got it.  

God will take care of what I need... because..

I am the most precious thing in the entire Universe to Him.  

And so are you.


"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,

made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it 

is by grace you have been saved.  And God raised us up with Christ and 

seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in 

the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, 

expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus." 

Ephesians 2:4-7






No comments: