Monday, January 9, 2017

FOUR WORDS. JUST FOUR WORDS

Of all the things I love about God is that He isn't a phony.  He doesn't try to hide things from us.  He doesn't paint a picture of the heroes of the Bible as MORE THAN we are. He shows us the humanity of humans. 

They doubted. They wondered. They balked.  They walked away.  They came back. They failed.  They wanted Him, but not as much as He wanted them.


I love all the stuff He didn't take OUT of The Bible.  

I am especially encouraged that He let us see that in the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus struggled with God's Will.
Who can blame Him? Who wants to be nailed to a Cross for the very people who want You nailed to a Cross? 
I wouldn't
 
And though He asked for a way out....
..... in the end....
four words... changed my future.
Four words.... gave me life everlasting.

"Thy.  Will.  Be. Done."

He submitted His will to God's will.
AND RESURRECTED US ALL FROM SURE AND CERTAIN DEATH. 

Four words.
"Thy will be done."
Are they easy to say?
No. Excruciating. Will we struggle to say them?
Yes.
But whatever we are facing, 
they are the four words that will resurrect us. 

I don't usually post link to songs.. but.. this song is a good example of what we should say when we doubt what God is allowing.  A friend who is going through a very, very difficult season sent it to me because God is using the song to get her through.

Here you go.

THY WILL

No comments: